A quirky blog centering around the simple things that make me smile daily.

Monday, May 8, 2017

...Keeps the Stress AWAY!

Ahhhh. The dreaded week before finals! As I lock myself in my room, and spend more time than usual in the library, Mount Mercy hosts 'Stress Buster' events this entire week. On the agenda for Spring Stress Buster Week 2017:

Monday: Petting Zoo and smoothies
Tuesday: Arts and crafts
Wednesday: massages and a candy bar
Thursday: Pet therapy and Improv Show
Friday: Minuete to Win It games
Sunday: Late night breakfast

Although this is a stressful week for students, these events are usually pretty fun and stress relieving! However, I have to say I don't see how today's stress buster event could beat any other stress buster events ever.

I was surrounded by many little kids today at the petting zoo and I loved every minute of it. Kids as in baby goats, that is!

I had goats when I was younger. Their names were Lucy and Greta, and they loved letting me ride on them, and eating our grass. Lucy was big and brown, with a white tail. (During deer hunting season we would have to make sure she was pinned up in the barn where hunters wouldn't mistake her for a white-tailed deer!) Greta was short and fat with black and grey fur. I often miss those silly animals. So when I walked out to the green space to check out the petting zoo, my day was suddenly made when I saw they had goats.

Thank you MMU, for not only releasing my stress, but making my day so much better!



 A smile a day most definitely keeps the stress away! Especially if goats are involved!

ONLY 10 MORE DAYS LEFT TO GO(AT)!

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, this is the first time I have ever heard of a "Stress Week" with different activities all throughout the week. As I probably have mentioned time and time again, I went to William Penn University in Oskaloosa, Iowa for the past two years and they didn't have anything like this. Penn had something ccalled "Pennstock" and it took place the Friday before finals so we had more of a "Stress Day" other than a "Stress Week."

    ReplyDelete

About the Blogger...